Monday 20 August 2018

Hello again

I'm going to admit, I was totally going to blog about life while we've been back in the UK. I just looked and realised that I last posted nearly  three months ago. I knew it had been a while but three months! But life happened - the busyness of finishing up in Istanbul, and then coming back to the UK. So it's been a rather unplanned hiatus from blogging but actually a much needed one.

I've thought several times over the last couple of months, "oh, I should really write a blog post". And then I've instead ended up talking to family members or friends, playing with my children, doing other work that really needed doing, or reading a book. All of which were really good things to do and I'm glad I did them instead of blogging.

I also realised a couple of weeks into being back in the UK that I didn't have any words to write. There was nothing that came to mind that I wanted to write about. So instead I've been reading lots of books and taking in as much as I can. And then a week or so ago I realised that I wanted to start writing again. 

So here we are. Hello again!